Walmart plant bulbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TenaciousTriggerFish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
K guys Walmart plants bulbs anyone have experience with them I did once. Ought 5 and 1 of the bulbs grew beautifully!! Untill it grew some smaller plants hanging off the top and I cut it then my tank turned green for four days ... That was two years ago so now I'm trying again... Bought a pack of Lilly's and a pack of aponogeton 1 apon grew and I think a Lilly has sprouted.... So I bought 3 more packs which I will send back if they don't sprout ( threw away the first couple packages...) and now I've read about them and they say to start them on a window sill let me know what you think and if you have experience with them thanks
-josh

Attachments

• image-1967546434.jpg
    image-1967546434.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 80
Lol sorry , I've bought about five packs of them and never had a single sprout , just find a good LFS with decent plants

xwesx1978 said:
Lol sorry , I've bought about five packs of them and never had a single sprout , just find a good LFS with decent plants

I have crappy lfs's that tell me to put fancy goldfish in 65 degree water!!!!!!!!!! -_-'

TenaciousTriggerFish said:
I have crappy lfs's that tell me to put fancy goldfish in 65 degree water!!!!!!!!!! -_-'

What's wrong with that? 65-70 degrees is fine for fancies

emerald76 said:
What's wrong with that? 65-70 degrees is fine for fancies

Mine was belly up ... Then I brought it up to 78 and he lived another year till a toddler got ahold of my fish food dumped a comical amount in the tank and the next day he died :,( R I P "squeezo" (I was 12 don't judge me)

Mine was belly up ... Then I brought it up to 78 and he lived another year till a toddler got ahold of my fish food dumped a comical amount in the tank and the next day he died :,( R I P "squeezo" (I was 12 don't judge me)

Well other things besides temp matter...

I bought a aponogeton/lily pad package from Petco. only the aponogeton sprouted and grew like crazy. all I did was dropped it into the tank, actually I planted the bulbs, half in half out. no luck with the lily.

bud29 said:
What kind of light do you have? I got 8 walmart lily bulbs and zero sprouted because I didn't have a strong enough light.

Standard... 30 watts in total.... Hopefully gonna upgrade soon just not enough money :/

Yeah with that light on that tank I think it will be hard to grow those plants, as I have found out they are medium light plants. Definitely worth a shot, though, in case you get lucky.

bud29 said:
Yeah with that light on that tank I think it will be hard to grow those plants, as I have found out they are medium light plants. Definitely worth a shot, though, in case you get lucky.

Like I said I have an apon growing very fast! It's been six or seven days and it well along

1) the apon in a pleco-proof-custom-cup

2) I think this is a Lilly sprouted day before yesterday but it's to early to tell

Attachments

• image-1448462108.jpg
    image-1448462108.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 76
  • image-1585135656.jpg
    image-1585135656.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 67
Athaocity said:
I bought a aponogeton/lily pad package from Petco. only the aponogeton sprouted and grew like crazy. all I did was dropped it into the tank, actually I planted the bulbs, half in half out. no luck with the lily.

Ive bought a pack from petco as well, mine had onions too, the onion and lily grew great but the aponogeton didnt. Mine said if they dont grow in 30 days u send the bulbs and receipt back and they send you new bulbs for free. Its been 30 days so im going to send them in for new ones. I personally love bulbs and have had most of them grow, even in low lights. It just deppends. Good luck

LadyWang said:
Ive bought a pack from petco as well, mine had onions too, the onion and lily grew great but the aponogeton didnt. Mine said if they dont grow in 30 days u send the bulbs and receipt back and they send you new bulbs for free. Its been 30 days so im going to send them in for new ones. I personally love bulbs and have had most of them grow, even in low lights. It just deppends. Good luck

Ya I plan to do that too!! I read if u send like 5 back they will send you like 12-14 sometimes

1) the apon in a pleco-proof-custom-cup

2) I think this is a Lilly sprouted day before yesterday but it's to early to tell

Overnight... This plant is now at tall as the cup rim... For some reason its growing fast!

Back
Top Bottom