Want a betta at work... lowest tech setup possible?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That sounds like a better idea. If the betta can't get the proper care at work then just keep him at home.

I went to PetSmart today and looked and looked and looked. I have decided against having a tank at work. As tempting as it was, I passed. It's hard not to want to save all those little bettas though. :nono:

callisto9 said:
I went to PetSmart today and looked and looked and looked. I have decided against having a tank at work. As tempting as it was, I passed. It's hard not to want to save all those little bettas though. :nono:

It's may be hard to believe but those bettas probably have the highest survival rate of any fish in the store, fresh or saltwater. No kidding.

You should get your Betta somewhere else in my opinion. Petsmart fishes are generally not as good as other stores for me.

eduguy said:
You should get your Betta somewhere else in my opinion. Petsmart fishes are generally not as good as other stores for me.

+10 to that. I never have any luck with petsmart fish, but different individual petsmart stores may be better. Even the beat shops can get in sick fish but the central filtration systems always worry me. Always safest to quarantine anyway. Bettas are usually solid from most places though.

The problem with that is they will just order more....

Just read this thread and enjoyed all of the awesome information!

I do have to say, I have a really great Petsmart close to me that has very knowledgable associates working in the aquarium department. I've bought fish there with no problems! Most of my fish are from there, as a matter of fact. Not all of them are bad. :) (I refuse to go to the one across town for all of the reasons y'all listed.) I thought I'd throw out a good word, though!

I usually just dunk a cup in a few times, empty it, them refill with a few drops of dechlorinator, I like the API stress coat, it neutralizes chlorine and helps promote a stress coat, which is invaluable. Saechem prime is a better option, with more to offer, but I haven't used that one. Everyone who has seems to swear by it though

I know I'm a little late to the party, but Prime is THE best fish product I've bought. Ever. It was and is totally worth the $18 I spent on it when I was desperate for dechlor.

Just read this thread and enjoyed all of the awesome information!

I do have to say, I have a really great Petsmart close to me that has very knowledgable associates working in the aquarium department. I've bought fish there with no problems! Most of my fish are from there, as a matter of fact. Not all of them are bad. :) (I refuse to go to the one across town for all of the reasons y'all listed.) I thought I'd throw out a good word, though!

My PetSmart is OK. Not great, not horrible. My dwarf gourami came from there and he's healthy (no one else had dwarf gouramis). But, their advice can be a little off. Lucky for me, I have this forum. :)

I also use Prime for both of my tanks and have no problems. Good stuff.

Back
Top Bottom