want some stocking suggestions!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tentacles

Aquarium Advice Regular
i have a 55gallon with a gold gourami and a catfish, and 3 blue mystery snails and around 15 crayfish last count hahaha. the crays dont bother anyone at all except themselves, having alittle gang war until the biggest are left (biggest being only about 3 inches anyway), the rest are slowly getting eaten, but i like to have them- the bottom of the tank is spotless. want to get more than 2 fish in this tank, its pretty empty, so id like some suggestions and ideas for fish. i had balas but i didnt like them that much so i gave them to my friends tank. give me some ideas!

also looking for a good plant the crays wont eat too much of, and my gourami too- he ate all my frill plants. java fern sound good maybe, i hear its bitter to fish taste.

thanks much!

most low light plants are not appealing to fish(crypts, anubias, java fern/moss)

What type of catfish??

I would suggest something that is not a bottom dweller as to not disturb the crays. and so the crays don't disturb them

I think a nice schooling type of fish would be nice. How about some white cloud mountin minnows or some danios.

What do you think?

do't know any sites for plants, sorry.

That looks like an emerald corydoras catfish (a cory cat), they are a shoaling fish. I would recommend getting a few more of those.

good luck with the schoolers, they will bring some livelyness to that tank.

Back
Top Bottom