Want to add more any suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TonyDanza

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 36 gallon tank with 2 large danio,3 guppies,2 fruit loop tetras,2 orange eye tetras, a pleco, and a featherfin squeaker. i want to add more community fish because the squeaker seems skittish and I think he would benefit from the added schooling fish. Definitely no more bottom feeders because the squeaker already shows a dislike towards my pleco but aside from that help me out everybody. Tell me what you think.

You should work on filling out your schools. Those fish like to be in groups. please do not by anymore of the fruit loops they are dyed to look the way they do.

What kind of pleco is it? the feather fin and a pleco will never happily share the bottom of that tank, it is border line to small for the cat and if the pleco is a common the tank is way to small for it.

Agrees with Rich +1. I would add 4-5 danios as well as the orange eyes tetras.

I am also not sure that I would house the squeaker in the same tank of your size as the pleco, especially if the pleco is of a dwarf variety. Squeakers can be vey territorial and bully other bottom dwellers. Perhaps someone else could chime in on that.

It is a common pleco but very young, I don't plan on harming anything or stunting or anything along those lines whatsoever. I will start a new tank within the year and transfer him. The featherfin seems fine in there and was told he would be just fine. The pleco and featherfin are fine now it was more of an introductory kind of hostility. And thank you I didn't have a clue about the fruit loop tetras. That's too sad I don't even want to know how...

Back
Top Bottom