Want to start a planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MariB

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I have had my 5.5 gallon for a while now. And quite honestly want to try my hand at planted tanks. I don't know if I should tear down my 5.5 and redo it or get the 20 gallon I've been dying to purchase. What would be easier seeing as I have not had live plants before?

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I would recomend go for the biggest tank you can afford, this hobby is an addiction and we always want bigger tanks. Plus 5.5 is way to small for most fish, the 20 will let you have more room for both fish and plants!

The introduction to low light low tech planted aquariums is quite easy! Just get some lights and some plants which dont requiere a lot of light and you are about done. Little by little you will discover a new world is out there and you can build on, but dont be afraid to start easy! Hope this helps and go for it.

Thanks :) really excited to get out and purchase a new tank this month

Brian the Mr Aqua 17 g is now a tank I am considering :) never had a rimless before.

Sounds like a plan! Thank you very much for all the great advice, I will keep you guys posted on how the tank evolves, hopefully algaeless or reduced.

Back
Top Bottom