Want to start a planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Exia

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi there recently I have the temptation to start a planted tank but I don't have much experience with these kind of things I have had fish in the past but they died due to ich for some reason even tho I change the water weekly :(

I have some amazon credit that i would like to spend $200 approx
I picked out these items to start. Just want a 10gallon tank to place in my room

Amazon.com : 3 PLANT COMBO - Beginner Live Aquarium Plants - XL Willow Moss Portion (Like Java Moss), Hornwort, and Duckweed by Aquatic Arts (formerly InvertObsession) : Pet Supplies

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00176CMYI/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2A02U6YIW6LGE

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002DH0QM/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Do I need more plants? what else do I need? what is some good fish i could put in the tank? Thanks~!

Duckweed and willow moss won't benefit from eco complete. The plants you select are low lights. If you want to have more plants that require more lighting, you will have to upgrade your lighting.

Sent from my 710C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Duckweed and willow moss won't benefit from eco complete. The plants you select are low lights. If you want to have more plants that require more lighting, you will have to upgrade your lighting.

Do you have a better suggestion?
I'm trying to use the most of the credit from amazon for a tank

and i kinda want 3 dwarf puffer fish

Plants from Amazon are way over price. And dwarf puffer fish will need a heavy planted tank so you will need more plants than that package. You need to do research about the plants you want, first. Some plants need more nutrients than others. Amazon sword and Cryptocoryne will need root tabs for example. While others don't like moss and duck weed .

Have you tried looking at this site? It was recommended to me when started looking for plants. I picked a couple from each category and looked at the details of what they each required. As a beginner I stayed away from anything that needed CO2 injection.

Freshwater Plants: Freshwater Aquarium Plant Species for the Home Aquarium

It might also be helpful to compare these prices to what you'd pay on amazon.

Live aquaria is also over price too, in my opinion. There's other places to buy plants that are a lot cheaper. That site is a good place to read basic information. You can always dose liquid CO2.

Have you tried looking at this site? It was recommended to me when started looking for plants. I picked a couple from each category and looked at the details of what they each required. As a beginner I stayed away from anything that needed CO2 injection.

Freshwater Plants: Freshwater Aquarium Plant Species for the Home Aquarium

It might also be helpful to compare these prices to what you'd pay on amazon.
Oh I'm actually not using any money but $200 worth of amazon credit that I gotten so I tried not using outside website

Try to get a plant package on here from another user OR try eBay. I got most of mine from auctions on eBay for cheap compared to other sites. In all the plants I got all turned out just fine except one that got stuck in processing for a week but that's understandable by then.

I haven't had much luck with Amazon as far as plants/rocks/wood. This is coming from a user that all my tanks filters, heaters, sand, etc came from Amazon.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Back
Top Bottom