Wanting new species of fish!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KKAY27

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 55g tank stocked with
1 small angel
4 black skirt tetra
1 neon tetra
3 tire track ells ( small)
3 rose barbs
1 african high-fin
Im really wanting some more fish. My tank looks really bare at the moment. I would love any suggestions please! I would love some help to decide what new fish i could possibly have. Thanks :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'm not familiar with an african high fin. Do you have a picture? I'd say your full at the moment because the eel will eventually out grow the tank.

I don't have a picture he very rarely comes out of his log! All of my ells stay hidden to! I was wondering if i could have a betta??

Angels are very social with the opposite sex - I would return the eels, and get another angel. Male angels have a rounded forehead, usually, and girls have a flat forehead.

Thank you nobody has ever told me angels are social creatures! I had one adult angel a month or to ago and he died, I had him for about a year! He was the only one I had in my tank and he never bothered any of my other fish! But i think i will add another one soon!

Angels are cichlids, social when they're young, pair off and become territorial when they mature. Add more black skirt tetras and rosy barbs, those are actually social fish, happier in larger numbers (at least 5). The tire track eels are great when they're young, but will eventually become a plain muddy brown color, and a 55 may be a bit crowded with 3 adults. Takes a while for them to grow though, and they love live earthworms. If you want another single fish a gourami would be better than a betta.

Back
Top Bottom