wanting to know about cycleing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
there's not a way to make them all go the same (these happen with fish-in but you don't notice because you keep the change so gradual)...this is really a problem that doesn't exist in a sense (yes it's an issue, but there's really nothing wrong, the system is still working, just not always in a directionaly straigh forward fashion i.e. even the stall is a type of progression)...

you can go case by case and figure up plausable a reason(s) for each, but there really is no guaranteed smooth way

there's not a way to make them all go the same (these happen with fish-in but you don't notice because you keep the change so gradual)...this is really a problem that doesn't exist in a sense (yes it's an issue, but there's really nothing wrong, the system is still working, just not always in a directionaly straigh forward fashion i.e. even the stall is a type of progression)...

you can go case by case and figure up plausable a reason(s) for each, but there really is no guaranteed smooth way

You can still fishless cycle with much smaller dosing if ammonia which could replicate the amounts of ammonia created during a fish in?

Maybe bypassing the heterotrophic bacteria by adding ammonia directly could upset the equilibrium in the tank in some way?

I just set up my 135g about 3hrs ago, im using my canister to cycle it how long before i can add my stock, i saved an used all 30g of their old water. Advice plz. Stock 8 angelfish,10 lamp eyed tetras, water wisteria, an anubias nana.

Delapool, yes it was on my old tank with the stock list i said earlier, for 18months its fully stocked inside the canister,

Should be fine to go I'd say. Since it is a change I'd do some ammonia tests just in case to make sure a mini cycle hasn't come in just from everything getting stirred around.

Research research research.. My way isn't the most common (I use goldfish from a friend who breeds them).. But I don't recommend that for anyone because people usually just kill the goldfish after but I give them back (they were once used a snack for a wolffish but that's another story)..
What I do recommend is to do a lot of research and make sure you understand every step of the way you decide to do it.. Disasters happen when you don't know how to avoid or fix them. trust me I know lots about that :p when you are confident you get everything.. Then you will be ready to go in the way that feels good for you :) good luck with your new tank!!!

Back
Top Bottom