Wanting to start a nano tank!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mommeejo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I want to buy my son an 8 gal nano cube tank for Christmas! I want to eventually have all corals and lie rock in it, maybe one fish two at the most. Does anyone have any pointers? Tips? Know an inexpensive website to get nano tanks? Any information will. We already have a Saltwater tank in the living room and he wants to have one of his own.

Craigslist is your best bet if your looking for cheap
Just make sure you do your research on coral before you start buying

You need to know the right lighting
You need to know if your coral are force feeders or photosynthetic
Make sure you use rodi water
Don't over feed your fish,etc

The list can go on and on so your best bet is to start researching

If you feel you have questions you can find feel free to pm me and I'll do my best to help

10 gallon standard tank
Aquaclear 30 hob filter
2-20 watt coral life 50/50 bulbs
(They fit in standard hood, I also spray painted the inside of the hood white for more reflection)
I have 11 pounds live rock, a clown and two corals now plus 4 man snail crew doing the clean up. Everyone is doing great so far. Oh yeah don't forget the heater lol. There is a great series on YouTube to set this setup up. It could also be done cheaper then mine I just choose to go with a higher end filter. I believe the thread was nanoreef, search that, but it was a 13-14 episodes that walks you through the whole setup

ForumRunner_20131127_051028.jpg

ForumRunner_20131127_051019.jpg

Wow!!! Thank u both so much for your help! I am going to start researching it all and will definitely post pictures of the tank when I get I all setup!

Nano lagoon reef was the series, sorry. He just pretty much went to Walmart and bought a ten gallon starter kit and walks you through how to turn it into a saltwater nano reef. Would be a great project for your son and you! Enjoy! Can't wait to see pics!

For fish the only thing you can get is a Clown Goby, MAYBE 2 if you keep up with water changes

Back
Top Bottom