Wanting to upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kalin0121

Aquarium Advice Regular
I currently have a 30gal tank. I want to upgrade to a 55 or 75. The new tank will have to go in the spot where the current tank is. How do I do this?

I just did this. I emptied half the tanks water. And just picked up the tank and had my girlfriend slide the stand out far enough to get the new tank and stand in where it was. Mine was only a 20 though. Just don't stir up the sand.

Remove the water to a a laundry basket, fish and all. then move your tank and set up the new one.

If you really have a choice, go with the 75g.
+1.gif

Once I am able to move the old tank can the fish go into the new one once it's set up or does it have to cycle?

30 to 75 is easy. You will want a 75. Front to back a 55 is terrible.

You will want a few bags of aragonite sand down. Put water in, rocks, then run your system . I like bioclear to help get the water to clear up. I use a lot of pillow stuffing as well. If your sand bed is new enough and shallow enough, I would scoop it over. If it is black and icky, throw it in the back yard.

I just did this. I emptied half the tanks water. And just picked up the tank and had my girlfriend slide the stand out far enough to get the new tank and stand in where it was. Mine was only a 20 though. Just don't stir up the sand.

This is what I did also. Good advice

Hinds04 said:

Did you put your fish right in or do you have to cycle it first?

Back
Top Bottom