Wardley vacation feeders

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alexa1s0nfire

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
We recently left for vacation and had a sitter for us who was willing to come feed our fish and do a small pwc while we are away. Last minute we were unable to reach her and had to run to Walmart as a last resort. I purchased the Wardley 3 and 7 day slow release feeders and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with these. Don't want my fish to be dead when I get home...kind of freaking out at the moment.

You should never use vacation feeders. They polute the water and arent very good IMO.

Well we are on day 3 now. I can have my sister run by and do a major pwc for me if we can let her in our building from here. I hope she can get in. I have some sensitive little buggers in our tanks, rams, albino bn plec, 6 julii's, 7 male guppies. Kribs in another tank alone with some nerites.

If she can't get into my condo how bad will the feeders mess with my chemistry in the tank in those 7 days do you guys expect?

Alexa1s0nfire said:
If she can't get into my condo how bad will the feeders mess with my chemistry in the tank in those 7 days do you guys expect?

IMO I think they should be fine. Ive done a week before. Could you have her come in and feed for you?

You should never use vacation feeders. They polute the water and arent very good IMO.

IMO I think they should be fine. Ive done a week before. Could you have her come in and feed for you?
something here just seems very contradictory

Worst case scenario... do a water change when you get back. And, keep in mind for future reference, fish can go quite some time without food. Minus fry, most fish are fine for a week or more. Somebody on here left his discus for 14 days without feeding them.

Well that is good to know. Thanks rookie. I did water changes on all tanks before I left as well so there was fresh water in there to start.

mfdrookie516 said:
something here just seems very contradictory

Worst case scenario... do a water change when you get back. And, keep in mind for future reference, fish can go quite some time without food. Minus fry, most fish are fine for a week or more. Somebody on here left his discus for 14 days without feeding them.

I only mean't like once because I wasn't sure if it would mess with the fish to just stop feeding them. I weaned mine down to no food.Sorry for not clarifying!!

We just got home from vacation this evening to find that all of our fish are alive and well. As I was counting we noticed one of our snails was hiding so we went searching for him only to find that our kribs have successfully bred about 11-13 little krib fry. So not only did all of our fish make it but we were welcomed by new arrivals! Exciting.

Back
Top Bottom