Washed out eggs?!?!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Goldfishgirl1999

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Help me
I don't know what sex my fishes are but I have a fealing at least one of them is a girl so I was cleaning their tank this morning like I usally do and dumping all the water out and outing more and I saw there whitish clear little circles floating out and I thought that maybe it Gould have been eggs they looked kinda like dust but lore round and solid and I can't help but think ( sciene goldfish don't get pregnant and insted lay eggs) that maybe those were eggs
Is that possible....and YES I'm getting a filter

First off never empty a tank and clean it out. Second they are nearly impossible to sex. And third they sound like air bubbles IMO.

is this the 5 gallon tank you have? a mature goldfish wouldnt fit in a 5,let alone 2 mature goldfish. if its the 5,there not eggs

Ya never entirely empty out your tank. It gets rid of a lot of good bacteria. Especially without a filter. Just do 10-20% water changes when cleaning the tank

is this the 5 gallon tank you have? a mature goldfish wouldnt fit in a 5,let alone 2 mature goldfish. if its the 5,there not eggs

I think she was getting the bigger one next week. I skimmed over the thread but I'm not a 'goldfish person' so I didn't really pay attention.

I think she was getting the bigger one next week. I skimmed over the thread but I'm not a 'goldfish person' so I didn't really pay attention.
i know that,but even one mature goldy(big enough to breed) would barely fit in it length wise,so i doubt there eggs

Hey, so I've kept Goldfish and love those little guys, maybe I can help :)!
These fish reach matyrity at 1-3 years. If they're younger, then those are NOT eggs.
When they hit maturity, the male ONLY will get white dots on his gill covers, just like this:
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1259/663680680_8086e3b314.jpg
The female will come rounder in shape, have a slightly bigger belly. You can also determine the genders when they chase each other. The male will chase the female, after that day, the spawning will happen. Not trying to hijack the thread, but if they would've spawn, there aren't much chances that you could've washed out the eggs, as they will stick on the aquarium's walls, since you don't have any decorations.
Give your fish some time, and please try to purchase a larger tank, at least 30G if you have two fish. If you can't get one that big, then I would suggest returning your fish to your LFS or give them to a friend, and get a betta fish instead, they do thrive in a 5G tank :).
Hope this helps!
Henri

Back
Top Bottom