Washing the new aquarium?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AngelJones

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I'm setting up my new 38 gallon. I'm washing it with just water and a clean cloth, right? How do you get the glue from the picture they had pasted on the inside the tank off? Is there some kind of chemical that I'm supposed to use? It looks so smeary but I'm scared to use anything... Help!

Water and a cloth will work. I also use a regular dish sponge (the kind with the one rough side). Avoid using any chemicals and no sponges that have previously been in contact with soap.

I also think there is some aquarium safe cleaner sold by API.

as for the glue is it not the kind that you could rub off with your fingers into little rubber like balls?sort of like hot glue?

whenever I'm putting water into the tank I get a bucket and fill it with as hot of water as I can from the faucet. then put it directly into tank. the heat can potentially kill some bad stuff that was on the glass ( I do not boil it...i simply use the hottest setting on the tap) then I scrub the sides with a sponge until I'm satisfied.

Good luck!

Thanks GuppyGuy333!!! Hot water and a scrubby sponge worked perfect...I was over thinking it! Thanks a bunch!

Back
Top Bottom