Watch "Pregnant red flamingo guppy" on YouTube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah thats true that I need give some of those to my friends.

Then you will have to work with what you have. The bowl with an air stone will be fine in a warm climate. Later this year you will have many guppies and will have to try to get your friends to take a few. :) Keep the very best ones for your breeding stock. You can't keep them all unless you have a lot of tanks.
Yay my guppy mommy gave birth today to 8 lil fries. Sad thing is it gave birth to 9 and ate 1. Today evening by the time I reached home I see her spot was open and she was in my main tank. Idk if she had already given birth to more fries and other fishes ate it[emoji24] . As soon as I saw she was about to give birth I put her in the hatchery box and finally she gave birth. Even after completing giving birth to fries and even after 4 hours she is still fat and the black spot on her belly is still very dark. I am lil confused. I removed the fries into fish bowl and put a airstone and started supplying air slowly using a gate valve. The bowl dosen't have any plants now and 3 fries are roaming in the bowl and 5 fries are sitting at the bottom of the bowl. So finally I have few questions here.

1. Do I need put some plants into the bowl?

2. I bought some freezed dried brime shrimps today. Should I start feeding them to the fries now?1491932772138.jpg

3. Do these fries eat flakes? Do I need start feeding them flakes?

4. I have still kept the mother guppy in the hatchery and will keep her in that for next two days. Is that okay?

Frozen brine is likely too large for now but you can try it. They love brine shrimp but it is freshly hatched which are tiny. They will definitely eat flakes. Get a piece of paper and grind them with your finger. Grind the pile a few more times and it will be small enough to feed them. Feed them small amounts often, especially the first week.

Mature and healthy guppies usually give birth to 20-40 fry. It can occasionally be much higher.

Oh may be my other fishes ate some fries before i noticed that she has started giving birth

Back
Top Bottom