watchman and clownfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tlro

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 20 gallon reef set up with a clarkii and percula. There's about 40 pounds of live rock, various coral, BTA, and CUC. I'm wondering if I could house a yellow watchman goby in there too. I understand they primarily stay on the bottum in their cave. Would it get along with my clowns? Is 20 gallons big enough?

You should be okay. How long has your tank been set up? Goby's should be added to a well established tank and must be fed copepods.

You should be okay. How long has your tank been set up? Goby's should be added to a well established tank and must be fed copepods.

Not true. There are many gobies they eat frozen and are not aggressive so do not have to be added last.... The yellow watchman goby has an "easy care" rating. Gobies like Mandarins need Copepods if wild caught however can be taught to eat frozen.

Not true. There are many gobies they eat frozen and are not aggressive so do not have to be added last.... The yellow watchman goby has an "easy care" rating. Gobies like Mandarins need Copepods if wild caught however can be taught to eat frozen.

Do you think a 20 gallon with two other active fish could house a watchman well enough?

Benamayer said:

Agreed...it's very untrue to state that all gobies will only eat coepods

Good call... Get a pistol shrimp too they have an awesome symbiotic relationship together.

Here he is. Thinking of names....

Attachments

• Cgosms_2013-01-1301-02-11.jpg
    Cgosms_2013-01-1301-02-11.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 57
Back
Top Bottom