Water and salt mix.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jhabuda

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So i just got my tank together last night. I followed the instructions about adding salt to water, i put less salt then required and what the instructions stated. I left the tank running over night and checked my salinity this morning and its at 1.04 i need it to be 1.023-1.026. Do i leave the tank for another couple days or should i take water out from the aquarium and put straight water.

You can remove some water and put it in a bucket then add the salt mix in it with salinity higher than 1.026. It depends on the size of your tank but you can do a trial in error and get readings after each time you pour the new mixture. Since this a new tank there is nothing to worry about if you over shoot the target salinity. You can always add a fresh water to lower it.

Oops i misread your present salinity. You can just remove some and store it for future water change. Then just add fresh water in your tank to lower the salinity.

Lol no worries. Im thinking that if i take out 10-15 gallons and replace ot with straight water, i should be fine. this is a 80 gallon tank.

Hopefully all the water you have in is RO water. If you have that, just remove a few gallons at a time and replace it with RO water.

Back
Top Bottom