water change problem for my 75 gal tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

babygirl1015

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Im new at this fish tank stuff. I have a 75 gal tank and I have 3 mollys, 4 tetras and 2 algea suckers. I did a 30% water change today because my ammonia and ph was off the chart. Now my tank is cloudy, why? I treated the water and everything....pls help :)

Did you gravel vac? Maybe stirred some debris up? What did you treat it with? What were your numbers just curious, you said off the charts but what exactly were they?

yes I graveled vac, I put some api conditioner in it and some stress coat and enzym in it. My ph was about 8.0 and my ammonia im not sure but it wasnt on my chart. The nitrate and nitride was ok.

babygirl1015 said:
yes I graveled vac, I put some api conditioner in it and some stress coat and enzym in it. My ph was about 8.0 and my ammonia im not sure but it wasnt on my chart. The nitrate and nitride was ok.

Ok... You really don't need all those chemicals. Keep it simple less is more ;)

Just use the water conditioner, I along with many swear by a product called Prime. That's all I use and have used for almost a year. I own no other chemicals other then some emergency meds and buffer just incase.

The gravel vac probably stirred up some debris, I would test the water after about 4 hours after the water change. How is the pH out of your tap? So the pH went up is what your saying right?

Ya Im gonna get some Prime tomorrow. The ph is good out of the tap water. No the ph is good now that I have done a water change in the tank. All my readings are good right now, I just have the cloudyness.

babygirl1015 said:
Ya Im gonna get some Prime tomorrow. The ph is good out of the tap water. No the ph is good now that I have done a water change in the tank. All my readings are good right now, I just have the cloudyness.

I think I will settle. Just keep testing your water. Could also be a bacteria bloom.

Back
Top Bottom