Water Changes and Canister Filters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
how do you clean your canister duing a water change if it's still running??

I rinse my sponges at every water change, which means the filter must stop.

Long ago I realized the easiest thing to do was mount a power strip inside your stand/cabinet, so you can shut everything off with one switch.

Long ago I realized the easiest thing to do was mount a power strip inside your stand/cabinet, so you can shut everything off with one switch.
I did just that! However,, I change the water 3 times a week. I only clean the canister ever other month. With two on a tank, one this month, one next month. What is surprising is that they aren't really that dirty even going two months. Gravel vac once a month, either the whole tank as well as can be done without disturbing the decorations, or half the tank deeply with the decorations removed.
Too lazy to take all the decorations out at once.

I bet you guys also squirt lighter fluid directly onto the lit coals don't you? :eek:n :onfire: fire:

I bet you guys also squirt lighter fluid directly onto the lit coals don't you? n fire:
uhm... well.... ahhh... Yes I have. But not often. It has to be a real BBQ emergency to risk it. :p

catwumman said:
I bet you guys also squirt lighter fluid directly onto the lit coals don't you? :eek:n :onfire: fire:

Why, how do you make fireballs?

Back
Top Bottom