water changes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kathleen55

Aquarium Advice Freak
when you do partial water changes do you take out the fish or leave them in? which do you think is less stressful for them?

Leave them in, I do not find water changes stress fish at all. Mine play in the siphon and in the water flow. It would be far worse to get chased, netted, dumped in a bucket, then chased, netted and dumped back in the tank.

Ill start using chain mail gloves when my Fahaka hits about 10 inches. If not sooner :hide:
Hes grown almost a full inch this last month.

Always leave the fish in.
Eventually they get so used to it that they may come right up to you, curious even.
I miss Jack, my old Oscar that used to let me pet him with my fingers once or twice whenever I did PWCs.

Ill start using chain mail gloves when my Fahaka hits about 10 inches. If not sooner :hide:
Hes grown almost a full inch this last month.

Always leave the fish in.
Eventually they get so used to it that they may come right up to you, curious even.
I miss Jack, my old Oscar that used to let me pet him with my fingers once or twice whenever I did PWCs.
aww hows sweet my adf will let me pet her but im not sure its good for her so i dont anymore

Back
Top Bottom