water chemistry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

solo

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi I have fantail gold fish other is gold fish with big eyes forgot name black color total five in a 35 gallon hexagon tank what should be ph nitrite, nitrates be and temperature of tank. How big do they get, I need a refresher bin awhile with hobby, I'm back tanks setup Marineland 350 canister filter 350 gph 100 gallon capacity gravel, pea size gravel medium size castle tall stone tall fake plant look like tree spreads full. I have green algae just a little, how many hours off light can be on. I was in hobby fifteen years but stoped for awhile do to injury so any advice comments on topic please do anyone breed gold fish. I breed pink convicts a while back, but I'm getting tank going for my nephew is says why you keep tank empty do hobby again.

Welcome back to the hobby! :)

Fancies are lengthy topic of discussion and actually require a lot more work and care than most people realize. I'll post a link below to the Goldfish 101 guide- it covers just about everything you need to get started. Be aware that they grow big and they grow big VERY quickly. Ideally, your ammonia & nitrite should be zero and your nitrates under 10ppm- higher nitrates can burn moors sensitive eyes resulting in permanent scarring, cataracts and blindness so staying on top of water changes is important. Please ask if you have any questions!!

http://www.myaquariumclub.com/goldfish-101-11174823.html

Back
Top Bottom