Water clarifier made water more cloudy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jellyflesh

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 30 gal tank with 3 small-medium goldfish. It's been cycled and was cloudy for almost 2 months. Then i tried some API water clarifier, i used the right dose and it's been several hours since i used it, but it seems the water treatment only made it worse. What should i do?

Attachments

• image-3171081534.jpg
    image-3171081534.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 269
Did you do water parameter tests? Also, what type of goldfish? Single Tail/Twin tail...

It's normal for water clarifying products to make the water cloudier for hours after, due to the particles binding together. Make sure you have fresh filter floss in your filter as this will help remove the cloud. Also some products won't remove a bacterial bloom, Seachem Clarity will - though it will turn your water brown, tea stained looking for hours to a day or so.

That's gonna happen when using the water clarifier. It clouds up and attaches to the fine fine particles, debris and clumps them up to larger pieces so the filter can pick them up. The cloudiness can last a few days.

It's normal for water clarifying products to make the water cloudier for hours after, due to the particles binding together. Make sure you have fresh filter floss in your filter as this will help remove the cloud. Also some products won't remove a bacterial bloom, Seachem Clarity will - though it will turn your water brown, tea stained looking for hours to a day or so.

^^^^ didn't see this lol. This is the answer as well... :)

Is it not enough that your tank makes me jealous as hell Convict, now your just trying to steal my thunder! Lol :)

Back
Top Bottom