Water conditioner/testers/R.O.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boogie

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, do you all use R/O water??

If not, what type of water conditioner do you use and why?

And, what type of water testers do you use??

How do you keep your nitrates down?

Lots of questions, I know:BIG:

i now go buy water at mt lfs it is r/o d/i water that is premixed and bufferd so there is no need for conditioner but when i used just r/o water i used prime water conditioner other types that r gell like will mess with your water and will produce small bubbles and it is not pretty with a skimmer so i would stay away from stuff like aqua safe i use a red sea master test kit it has all the right tests in it and you can add other if you need to do a 5 to 10 percent water change weekly will cut back on the nitrates i hope this will help you

RO/DI and your salt mix is all that you need. The salt mix has all the essentials in it.

You have an 800 gallon SW tank and 2 125 gallon FW tanks?

Yes - I am a fish addict to the max. I have a huge problem though, my nitrates are always outrageous, no matter what I do. And I hear most people saying, "I have 0 nitrates..." I have never had zero nitrates in my life! So, I thought I'd ask what people are using in their tanks. I use r/o for salt and the r/o has 0 nitrates so it's not the source and I use regular water that also has 0 nitrates for my freshwater....For 2 weeks I have done water changes every other day in one of my fw tanks with now only an eel and pleco and still high nitrates...was hoping for a miracle cure with some product, I guess. Perfect scores though on the nitrites, ammonia and ph. Water changes just do not help. Put a ton of plants in now, maybe that will help.

800 gallon? wow, I'm jealous! :) I use RO/DI . Its been really great in keeping my algae under control with PWC. I'm slowly getting there! Its worth investing in.

I also have R/O D/I unit and I make my own water. All I use is that water and salt for my tank. Just finished my setup cycle and all water parameters were on target.

Back
Top Bottom