Water conditioners and protein skimmers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chrisc0930

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi, I recently added a protein skimmer to my tank and I'm about to do my first water change. What I want to know is if I add aqua safe to my new water will the protein skimmer just take it back out? I have a sea clone 100

You know.. I heard that too but I'm not sure what anyone is talking about is one works great, it's pickin up stuff a lot of stuff Personally, I think it's awesome

I had one too. Actually took out a lot of gunk, nice dark green. The only complaint I had was that I'd have to constantly tinker with it because it created a lot of micro bubbles. Works well for the price though. That being said, I have an ASM Skimmer now and I wouldn't dare go back to the ol clone, this thing is a beast.

When you have used a few skimmers and have something to compare this seaclone to, then you'll know what people are talking about.

If I get another skimmer that is, as for adjusting it I have yet to since I found the initial one. I think I get maybe 3 or 4 micro bubbles coming out of it which is easy enough to deal with. And I get all the stuff u mentioned it was skimming a lot the first couple weeks I had it now I empty it like once every 5 days or so.. Works great! I may not switch it at all

Back
Top Bottom