Water for a Betta?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

denwhite16

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have an RODI unit that I use for my Saltwater tank. I'm looking at setting up a Betta Tank for my son. I was wondering if it's ok to use RODI water for the Betta, or should I just use tap water and treat it with something?

I would use tap water and treat with Prime. That is what I have done with all my bettas including the imports and they have done just fine. Bettas appreciate a live plant or two as well. Good luck!

Super easy plants are Java Fern and Moss Ball. No ferts and low light is fine.

If you want to throw in some liquid Ferts that's fine too. Neither is planted. Java ferns can float free or be glued or tied to rocks or wood.

If your water has super high PH you can mix 1/2 tap/1/2 RODI for water changes.

Also Indian Almond leaves are nice to help the water. Lots of Betta breeders use them. I have them in my Shrimp tanks. Just 1 or a piece of one.

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with the Almond leaves. I feel like its what I always say to everyone though. lol I thought I say some in Petco in the reptile section, otherwise I have a great source and if you pm me I will share where I get mine.

As far as plants I agree again but I would add smaller anubias. I just let mine float in the water and the bettas like to take naps on their big leaves.

Back
Top Bottom