Water heating problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
if i were you i would go out and purchase a 300 watt heater from a quality distributar, not walmart or petsmart or pet value or any of those places that are notorious for selling faulty products that dont accomodate peoples temperature changes. rena smart heater is one of the best heaters iv ever used, like i said in a previous post, i live in manitoba were in the winter it gets colder than the north or even south pole at times at night so my heater must be good enuff to handle such temp swings, and it is. iv used it on 20 gals, 30 gals, 40 gals, and now my 55 gal and it is by far the best heater iv ever used, i dont know if this will solve your problem but at this point im not sure what will your haveing some pretty unordinary issues. maybe try repositioning your tank somewere away from windows or some were away from drafts.

Being that low at 65 degrees or so is going to take a period of time to reach 78-80. I would give it a day. Crank em to 85 or so and check periodically over the weekend to see what changes are being made. Every 4 to 6 hours I would check. Im sure it will go up.

Back
Top Bottom