Water parameter question please help ASAP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AngelFishGirl

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have breeding angels for the first time i'm super excited but my large angel King (previous breeder - female died) won't allow them to breed he keeps chasing and getting aggressive! I've been waiting a LONG time for my angels to breed but i'm worried about the angels not breeding due to King's harrassing. The only thing I can do is place him in a 10 gallon temporarily until i can get a divider tomorrow.

But the 10 gallon is in the proccess of cycling and is showing 1.0 ammonia and 1.0 nitrite. So I don't know if he is safe in it for just one night???

Please help I don't know what to do! I've finally got pairing angels I can't let them stop I've been waiting TOO LONG for this to happen!!

EDIT: for more detail, their papilla's are out and they are both "cleaning" a flat spot on my bridge decor. King would chase them and they would both get defensive but King is much bigger so he overpowers them. They don't fight just peck at each other and straighten out their fins. I moved him to a bag for now floating in my 55 gallon until someone helps me. Thanks!

I have breeding angels for the first time i'm super excited but my large angel King (previous breeder - female died) won't allow them to breed he keeps chasing and getting aggressive! I've been waiting a LONG time for my angels to breed but i'm worried about the angels not breeding due to King's harrassing. The only thing I can do is place him in a 10 gallon temporarily until i can get a divider tomorrow.

But the 10 gallon is in the proccess of cycling and is showing 1.0 ammonia and 1.0 nitrite. So I don't know if he is safe in it for just one night???

Please help I don't know what to do! I've finally got pairing angels I can't let them stop I've been waiting TOO LONG for this to happen!!

EDIT: for more detail, their papilla's are out and they are both "cleaning" a flat spot on my bridge decor. King would chase them and they would both get defensive but King is much bigger so he overpowers them. They don't fight just peck at each other and straighten out their fins. I moved him to a bag for now floating in my 55 gallon until someone helps me. Thanks!

Just do 2 50% water changes to get the 10g down to safe levels and he will be fine in there for a little while.

Congrats on what I hope to be your new batch of angels :)

Just do 2 50% water changes to get the 10g down to safe levels and he will be fine in there for a little while.

Congrats on what I hope to be your new batch of angels :)

+1 and you can cut a piece of filter media off of your 55 to help instant cycle it

Thank you guys. He's in the 10 and he's doing pretty good. :) going out and getting the tank divided today :) yay! Thanks for everyone's help.

any time u have to move one in an emergency gust drain the water from the tank it in into the new one and boom good water . add sponge filter and old media and heater . yahhhhh new tank

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom