Water quality help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Somehow I don't guess we ever asked do you have fish in the pond? Your not doing a fish less cycle are you? Just wanting to make sure..

I do have 3 goldfish in the pond, the pond was really set up as an emergency because the place we got fish said it was ok to get the fish and a 3g same day and put them into it and they would be happy. Found out a 3g is a death sentance for them. So we where unprepared and im kinda learning as I go

Sent from my SCH-I415 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

So the 3g has my plants and a snail in it trying to cycle it for a betta tank,will get a betta after the cycle so im not making the betta deal with crazy water conditions.

So the 3g has my plants and a snail in it trying to cycle it for a betta tank,will get a betta after the cycle so im not making the betta deal with crazy water conditions.

Probably best to wait on the beta! sounds like your doing the right thing for all your fish's health! Just a suggestion i would keep an eye out on craigslist if your patient you can frequently find larger aquariums for a loooott cheeper than retail stores from people who are just ready to get rid of them and can sometimes get all the extra equipment you need.. if you have a larger aquarium it may seem like they require more work but they actually require less.. less swings in ammonia.. and takes longer if things start going wrong.. one little word of advice i would recommend if you do that get a water changing system aqueon or python have good brands.. aqueon can sometimes find pretty good deals online.. but usually only takes me about 15-20 min to change the water in my 36 and 10g tank! saves a ton of time and your back

We had recently gotten a 30g from my brother intending on building a stand and making it into a tropical comunity tank with kuhli loaches(my favorite) but we had alot of unexpected bills and cant afford to get the stand built so its just sitting out on the screened porch empty. Im always looking for ways to save so I can get this thing on the road

Back
Top Bottom