Water quality

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rauljavier

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
IMG_4340.jpgIMG_4339.jpg

Hi
I want to have feedback about this quality reading on this two tanks one is a 29 gallon community tank with 15 guppies , 2 snails , 1 pleco and 3 loaches
The other one is a 10 gallon with 5 fry guppies and 3 females guppies.
Thanks

Both of them are 3 month old and have a few pothos plants and lucky bamboo

Guppies like harder water and higher ph than some other tropical fish. Ammonia and nitrites should be zero, nitrates under 40ppm. Guppies will live in water of ph 7.0 and softer mineral content, but they may not breed as often. Since you have fry, I assume that's not an issue

Looks good. Keep kh, gh and ph stable. Nitrates and nitrites look good. Water changes will help keep your Nitrates in check. Have fun and good luck

The thing is that with all that looking good I had 3 guppies dead in the las week .

Uh oh, try doing a every other day water change for a few days and see if you can get your nitrates down. At face value, the deaths don't seem to be related to your water parameters. No visible signs of illness?

I keep finding a dead fish per day . Using melafix for 3 days and they keep dying. Parameters are good no ammonia or nitrites or nitrates . Already remove carbon . On other tank that have same parameters they are ok.

Melafix is a good preventative for bacterial infections. Doesn't do great as a medication after illness is established. Try 1 tbs of aquarium salt per gallon and maybe some paraguard. Ppl have good luck with that. I've always had good luck with Api General Cure

API says you can use all their meds simultaneously. Maybe try general cure, melafix and pimafix, plus the salt dose. I know that sounds like alot, but I dose my quarantine tanks with new fish like that and I've never lost one. Worth a try

Already did a 20% water change from my 29 gallon tank . check if there’s any more dead fish and there’s no more. Clean the mechanical filter with the same water that I take from the tank to protect biological bacteria. Add api stress coat add salt and gonna wait . So far everything look good .
Thanks

Do you have plants in the aquarium? Asking because you stated no Nitrate.

Back
Top Bottom