Water stinks!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
it MIGHT be possible that some of their waste would have some of the coloration to it.

I will take a picture next time someone buys some and show yall but for now I will leave this persons thread be

With regard to the "don't use store-bought bacteria" -- I have used Seachem's Stability with great success in the past and never lost ONE fish in the process. I recommend the utilization of such products when a brand new tank is being established and someone needs to get fish into it right away (for example, a transfer from another tank)...but they key is using it RIGHT: These products, contrary to what most people think, are NOT designed to cycle a tank automatically for you. They are supposed to "kick start" the system so bacteria can begin to grow and also bolsters and de-shocks the water so fish don't succumb to the dreaded "New Tank Syndrome." That said, what I normally do -- even though Seachem states this can be done immediately without waiting (not sure what other products such as Tetra's SafeStart claims) -- is run a Stability treatment for at least three days so the water definitely starts to "prepare" and then add fish slowly and carefully (i.e. no netting). The key also is to finish the treatment for the length Seachem advises -- normally a week.

Back
Top Bottom