water temperature too high, please help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

couplescaddy

Aquarium Advice Regular
i have a 6 gallon eclipse system and the water temperature likes to chill at around 85*. the tank is right next to a window with about 70 degree air constantly moving through obove the tank. i have my heater set at 70 and its now unplugged. i have an incandescent light bulb, but i keep it on very little and always have teh cover open when its on. what else can i do to keep the water at a lower temperature??? my target temp is around 76.

70* air. minimal light. heater off. I'm puzzled as to why the temp is so high. I have two suggestions: shut the blinds if there is sunlight on the tank or check your thermometer.

hashbaz said:
70* air. minimal light. heater off. I'm puzzled as to why the temp is so high. I have two suggestions: shut the blinds if there is sunlight on the tank or check your thermometer.
i agree...there is something you're missing or not telling us here. those conditions don't make sense.

Your thermometer is broken or something else is affecting the tank. It takes a lot to get tank water to 85F in a 70F room.

id say a glitchy heater/thermometer... thermometers imo arent wrong that often (some bad ones are) but since u unplugged it and its still 85? theres something wrong. maybe its a glitchy thermostat :D

Back
Top Bottom