Water temperature

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Manateelover92

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What should my water temperatures be for having a angel fish, common plecos, black ghost knife an clown loaches. I have it at 78 right now. Is that fine? Or should it be raised? All of the fish seem to hide all day

What should my water temperatures be for having a angel fish, common plecos, black ghost knife an clown loaches. I have it at 78 right now. Is that fine? Or should it be raised? All of the fish seem to hide all day

IMO 78 is fine. What size tank do you have?

Not uncommon for some fish to be less active during the day. How long have you had the fish? Sometimes when new they are a little shy.

It's a 55. And I've had the clown loaches and plecos for 5 months now. And the angel fish for about a month and bgk for about a week now. I know it's not uncommon for them to be less active, but the loaches used to stay out all the time, then I added 3 more and now all they seem to do is hide. I was just asking because I read online that I need it at like 87, So I just wanted another opinion.

It's a 55. And I've had the clown loaches and plecos for 5 months now. And the angel fish for about a month and bgk for about a week now. I know it's not uncommon for them to be less active, but the loaches used to stay out all the time, then I added 3 more and now all they seem to do is hide. I was just asking because I read online that I need it at like 87, So I just wanted another opinion.

The inactivity could be caused by the tanked being overstocked I'm not familiar with the exact size of all your fish fully grown but I think you should have those in a 150+ gallon tank. The ghost knife gets large and the pleco will be a few feet long. The loaches need to be in schools of six or more and also get huge.

Google marge the clown loach for an example.

I'm sure someone with more large fish experience will chime in here.

I have 5 clown loaches and read they are very slow growers so when they get bigger i will put them in my bigger tank. And as for the plecos I'm going to be moving them soon. The bgk is just a baby right now so ill move him too when he gets bigger.

I have 5 clown loaches and read they are very slow growers so when they get bigger i will put them in my bigger tank. And as for the plecos I'm going to be moving them soon. The bgk is just a baby right now so ill move him too when he gets bigger.

Oaky wonderful you have a plan. I would also consider that the inactivity could be caused by most of your fish being rather shy

Back
Top Bottom