water testing.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Madmilkman

Aquarium Advice Activist
Before I get my tank set up I am thinking of testing my tap water to find out the parameters on it. What kind of test should I buy. When I get the test and do it I will post results on here. I really appreciate everyone's advice the last few weeks,btw. Maybe one day soon I will actually pick my tank up and get it started lol. I am just trying to get as prepared as possible and so far this site has been great.

Api liquid master freshwater test kit is by far the best IMO you should let your tap water sit out for 24hrs stirring once in awhile to gas out to give you your true pH and ammonia nitrite and nitrate results

Going to be a 90 gallon. I will have angelfish,tetras,gouramis,Raphael cats,and roseline sharks. Also, some barbs.

I have to research those a bit more. Seen them in a lfs and like the look.

I wanted to do a blue knight lobster but was told it would eat all my fish.

Yah I wouldn't trust a lobster I would suggest researching all of these fish for their requirements and the coming up with a list then come here to finalize it also if you do mollys make sure its 2-3females to one male

I have a striped Raphael cat in my community tank. He is about 5" pushing 6".

I was told blue knight lobsters won't bother anyone and if it gets close to any bottom dwellers (cats) they will swim away right away. I was thinking about adding one to my tank too.

All I know is they are from new Zealand and are a type of crayfish

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom