Water wisteria question...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mofo2713

Aquarium Advice Freak
I cut the overgrowth on the mature plant to establish new ones and the ones I cut off are doing fine. However, the mature plant stema are not regrowing. It's been about 4-5 days and nothing has come of it from where I pruned it. Is it supposed to regrow or is that it and just keep cutting from the newer plants as they get bigger? Hope this all makes sense and someone can answer my question

It should resprout and branch pretty quickly after triming. If you cut of a large percentage of its foliage it may take a little longer to regrow. You should be able to see sprouts at the base of the leaves by now.

Each main stem was about 8-10" long. I probably cut off about 5" of it. Then I trimmed the newly cut ones up an inch so I could plant them in the substrate. They are doing fine but still nothing on the main plant. Just a cut off end....

just like in a garden you should cut just above a node. is that what you did? it takes longer if you didnt or may not happen if you cut below all exsisting nodes

i cut just above a node. I did look today and upon further inspection, I notcide some new leaves growing...just a slow process I guess. All is well. Thanks for the help

Back
Top Bottom