Water wisteria

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sharkbait54

Aquarium Advice Addict
I recently replaced my wisteria cause it was getting old. I now have this I know plants shed leaves and grow knew ones when submerged.

Just wondering how long it will take for it to shed and start growing?

Well the first one I had shot up quick. I dose everything the same you think by looking at this plant should I cut some leaves off to promote growth?

I did a little research and apparently it just takes longer to switch up leaves for the fully aquatic ones... Any 1 have experience buying them like this?

Relax and let what happens happen. It's wisteria; it will be ok. Worrying about wisteria growing is like worrying about platies breeding. It'll be fine, let it to its own devices.

aqua_chem said:
Relax and let what happens happen. It's wisteria; it will be ok. Worrying about wisteria growing is like worrying about platies breeding. It'll be fine, let it to its own devices.

Lol your right.... Made me feel better.

wow man that was hurtful ive been trying to breed my platies since i got them with no success at all!!!!! just kidding but i ive been worrying about them breeding

Lol your right.... Made me feel better.

patience its the key with this hobby

someone said that patience its the hardest attribute a human can obtain

But then you can just trim off the top 4" and replant it after chucking the bottom. Complete replacement is a bit extreme.

aqua_chem said:
But then you can just trim off the top 4" and replant it after chucking the bottom. Complete replacement is a bit extreme.

Agree, just prune it. You can also remove the roots growing all over. When mine first started acclimating to my tank , I did break the tops off and replant it, now it is a beautiful plant. It's expensive to just throw plants out and buy new ones, not to mention waistful.

abrahamavelar said:
Really they sell those for 3 bucks for 5 steams

Yes .... $3.00 can buy a loaf if bread and a dozen eggs. Waist not want not. Especially if your like me and raising two kids, working 2 jobs, and supporting my husband through school.

And for the record, where I live they come potted and most of the potted plants sell for about $6... That's a loaf of bread. A dozen eggs, and a gallon of milk :)

When you could just trim the stems and keep growing the same plant for free. Or even mail it or sell it to someone in the classifieds and make a few bucks.

Back
Top Bottom