Water wisteria

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ashleynicole said:
I'm confused, why would you "replace" a plant because it is old?

I didn't want to trim it down and replant it since all the leaves but the tops fell off. I just prefered to replace it, it's really cheap any ways.

Sharkbait54 said:
I didn't want to trim it down and replant it since all the leaves but the tops fell off. I just prefered to replace it, it's really cheap any ways.

But the same thing may happen to this one. That's what happens as plants adapt to your tank. You sometimes lose most of what was there but when the new growth comes in you prune it and sometimes replant it. Then once all the old growth is gone, the new growth will be healthy in your tank. Otherwise you will forever be buying replacement plants.

Sharkbait54 said:
The manager at the lfs usually gives them to me for free so I don't mind.

Yes but the point is, the leaves will die again, and unless you give the plant a chance to adapt and spend some time pruning and replanting, you will forever be throwing plants away and putting new ones in.

ForumRunner_20111207_180102.jpg

ForumRunner_20111207_180221.jpg

ForumRunner_20111207_180302.jpg

ashleynicole said:
Yes but the point is, the leaves will die again, and unless you give the plant a change to adapt and spend some time pruning and replanting, you will forever be throwing plants away and putting new ones in.

Totally agree here. Plus for me and I'm guessing others, the fun in the plants is taking care of them and seeing them thrive.

Back
Top Bottom