Watet test

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shellieca

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well it's been running 6 days & here is my current water test:

image-1123465280.jpg

I've been adding Stability & Prime, I just did a 40-50% water change. This is the 2nd water change this week. Should I be doing it more often?

Is this the ten gallon with 2 Bettas and 2 CAEs?
Those CAEs may get pretty aggressive real quick. Watch for this and remove them if you have to. CAEs are not good choices for a ten gallon, they get huge and aggressive.

Test daily and let your results tell you when to do a PWC. If your ammonia or nitrite get over about 0.25ppm do a 50% PWC right away. When your ammonia and nitrite stay at zero your tank has established a bio-filter. After that keep the nitrate below 20-40ppm.

blert said:
Is this the ten gallon with 2 Bettas and 2 CAEs?
Those CAEs may get pretty aggressive real quick. Watch for this and remove them if you have to. CAEs are not good choices for a ten gallon, they get huge and aggressive.

Test daily and let your results tell you when to do a PWC. If your ammonia or nitrite get over about 0.25ppm do a 50% PWC right away. When your ammonia and nitrite stay at zero your tank has established a bio-filter. After that keep the nitrate below 20-40ppm.

This is the 46g that now houses the 3 female Bettas & 2 CAE's. Everyone seems pretty happy, the girls had to work a few things out but seem to have settled down, the CAE's definitely like the bigger tank & so far have shown no aggression, they pretty much flee from the Bettas if they go towards them. They're actually fun to watch, they're a little crazy.

Thanks for the advice on the PWC.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom