Wave maker for 60G planted??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brynunez

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey guys, so I've been looking to get a wave maker power head for my planted tank to mount in the corner above the co2 diffuser to get an even spread of co2 around the tank.

Is an 800GPH power head too strong? If so, what is a good GPH to get?

Or if there is a better way of spreading the c02 besides putting it below the outflow of my filter (which is what I'm doing now) let me know!

Interesting thought on a wave maker. It could work however I believe that it would potentially cause issues with too much co2 being lost through surface agitation.

Personally, I would just stick a powerhead on that side of the tank to better circulate the water.

Interesting thought on a wave maker. It could work however I believe that it would potentially cause issues with too much co2 being lost through surface agitation.

Personally, I would just stick a powerhead on that side of the tank to better circulate the water.

Well that's what I was thinking, I was going to mount the head halfway into the tank so it was fully submerged above my diffuser. I just saw it once at a fish store where they had it blowing c02 around the tank to evenly spread it because as of right now it seems that only the left side of my tank is receiving the bubbles.

Well that's what I was thinking, I was going to mount the head halfway into the tank so it was fully submerged above my diffuser. I just saw it once at a fish store where they had it blowing c02 around the tank to evenly spread it because as of right now it seems that only the left side of my tank is receiving the bubbles.

As long as there is a fair amount of circulation then the bubbles aren't what's important. Notice that the higher they go in the tank the smaller they get and that's the action of the co2 diffusing into the water.

As long as there is a fair amount of circulation then the bubbles aren't what's important. Notice that the higher they go in the tank the smaller they get and that's the action of the co2 diffusing into the water.

Got it. Good to know, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom