WC panduro fry!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheCommunityCichlid

Aquarium Advice Addict
I went in the zoo to check on everyone. When I got over to my apistogramma panduro tank I noticed little things swimming around. I looked closer and my female was keeping a very very watchful eye over her already free swimming fry. They have been all over already. Exploring the java moss and driftwood mainly looking for food. The female and male are in good terms but he's not taking any part in protecting. He stays above and away but never breaking sight with his new babies almost like a helicopter watching people down below. So far she's being an excellent mother so let's hope this continues.

image-2349972581.jpg

image-2544025876.jpg

image-3843748003.jpg

image-625948030.jpg

And a video

Hold on a second... Did you say the zoo? And your tank? I'm sure there's an interesting story there ;)

Congrats. I just found a bubble nest that my pearl gourami male made. I hope they spawn

Congratulations :) definately jealous now! My lfs has wc panduro at the mo and I've been thinking of getting a pair. Do the do well with blue rams and discus?

Congratulations :) definately jealous now! My lfs has wc panduro at the mo and I've been thinking of getting a pair. Do the do well with blue rams and discus?
They will probably duke it out with both. Defiantly put a whipping in your rams. If advise against it.

We need the details of your tank! Would love to know how you did it.
Tank is 10 gallon, with fluval/aquaclear 20 on it with aqueon LEDs. 79 degrees Fahrenheit, maintained by a 100watt aqueon pro heater. Scaped with lots of slate type rock. This creates lots of caves and over hangs. Fake plastic plants. Large amount of java moss, and Driftwood. Feeding consists of cobalt flakes, frozen blood and black worms. The male is picky and haven't seem him eat anything but worms. Female not so picky. The male will spend his time shifting the bottom though. Tank mates are a small group of bloodfin tetras as dithers. I do 40% weekly changes with straight deionized water/reverse osmosis or adding a very small amount of replenish to the water. Then most important I enjoy them

Aww those fry are awesome TTC! Cute even lol. Credit where credit's due. Well done and the tank's looking really good, Jealous

Back
Top Bottom