We are going for a different look!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oO BRIGHTY Oo

Aquarium Advice Freak
We are very slowly getting our 260l tank together, we have gone for something different in this 3 piece sunken battleship. It still leaves plenty of room behind for a nice LR display, we have ordered 2 powerheads that are coming in a couple of days, then we shall be getting our substrate. Please don't be too judgemental with the ship!!!

Attachments

• image-3600939163.jpg
    image-3600939163.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 1,212
  • image-1307277321.jpg
    image-1307277321.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 1,178
  • image-1347407841.jpg
    image-1347407841.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 1,137
  • image-2158455236.jpg
    image-2158455236.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 1,145
Interesting.Hope you are doing reef,that way stuff will start growing on the ship to really make it look real.
Look forward to keeping track of your progress.

Thanks guys/gals for the feedback so far! The only reason I was worried about opinions was that almost everyone has gone for a natural look with a reef and LR and I know the ship isn't beneficial to the fish & inverts other then some good hiding places, like I said and you can see there is plenty of room behind for a good chunk of LR!

Just been out and purchased some coral sand!

Just added coral sand into the equation, looks like I need one more small bag to make it look like the ship is bedded in!

Next up powerheads!! Can't wait!

Attachments

• image-1672104892.jpg
    image-1672104892.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 1,110
We are starting off having the tank as a FOWLR as we are major beginners at this, but making it a reef later on is something that we would like to do, baby steps for us!!

In regards to where we got it from, we found that all our LFS didn't have anything that large or that detailed, we got this from www.aquatics-online.co.uk they have got a really good selection. It looks so much better then the picture on their website!

it would look cool if you put some live rock in there and made it look liek the ships where crashed amungst the rocks.

i'm sure i nthe wild there are actually sunken boats so it might actually look pretty cool

There ARE sunkin ships. I know near me there are at least 20. They are great fishing spots lol would also be cool to scuba dive into one of them.

it would look cool if you put some live rock in there and made it look liek the ships where crashed amungst the rocks.

i'm sure i nthe wild there are actually sunken boats so it might actually look pretty cool

You should buy some live rock or even some Marco rock and make it look like a diving site.

it would look something like this

wnvxg.jpg

Left side:
a59jqp.jpg

Center:
1rur6q.jpg

Right side:
awxi4z.jpg

Side views:
j7gbcx.jpg

2mxhmc1.jpg

Wow, if out tank ends up looking as gorgeous as that we would be soooo happy!

Me and my wife have been snorkelling in Egypt (the red sea) and just recently on our honeymoon in the Maldives and both had shipwrecks with so much life around them!

We have considered placing the ship ontop of the LR (when we get it) it's going to be fun creating a cool scene

Just cut in my little compact skimmer, it's suitable for up to 300litres so it's not the best buy far but it will do!

Attachments

• image-1971482442.jpg
    image-1971482442.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 640
  • image-2273097410.jpg
    image-2273097410.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 621
Back
Top Bottom