We got our dwarf/pygmy catfish today :D

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:)

haha. Our betta is SUCH A BEG. He's just adorable. I love him. He's just the cutest little guy.

The catfish still get a little scared/jumpy when we get near them, especially if we move a little too quickly when we are close to them, but, they're tiny and yeah. lol. Hopefully they'll calm down with time.

haha. Our betta is SUCH A BEG. He's just adorable. I love him. He's just the cutest little guy.

The catfish still get a little scared/jumpy when we get near them, especially if we move a little too quickly when we are close to them, but, they're tiny and yeah. lol. Hopefully they'll calm down with time.

Fish in general are adorable :)

Sent from my SM-T210R using Aquarium Advice mobile app

:D

They seem ok. A little perkier maybe? :) Still a few down fins (it's just their top fins I think that have been doing this when it does happen) but they seem a bit perkier! Little cuties! They're so skittish sometimes when we get near them though :(

Also, I came across a couple old posts and though my 10g is cycled, maybe it would be a good idea to add maybe 3 at once, then 4 a week later? I would hate to trigger a mini cycle :(

What do you think? Would it be ok to add them all at once to the 10g? I am not sure if some of the bb would have died of after just having the betta in there.

:D

They seem ok. A little perkier maybe? :) Still a few down fins (it's just their top fins I think that have been doing this when it does happen) but they seem a bit perkier! Little cuties! They're so skittish sometimes when we get near them though :(

Also, I came across a couple old posts and though my 10g is cycled, maybe it would be a good idea to add maybe 3 at once, then 4 a week later? I would hate to trigger a mini cycle :(

What do you think? Would it be ok to add them all at once to the 10g? I am not sure if some of the bb would have died of after just having the betta in there.

I would add them in slowly. Those poor little fish have been through a lot. I don't think a huge number of the bacteria died off but a few might have. The extra pee and poop will get them happy again :)

Yeah, that's a good idea. By slowly do you mean 2-3 at a time or wait a little longer than another week or two to add them in? I was hoping to put them in by end of next week or early week after next if they seem fine.

I love to watch them forage. Their little butts go up in the air and they look like somewhat like cute little vacuums LOL.

Yeah :D

Yeah, that's a good idea. By slowly do you mean 2-3 at a time or wait a little longer than another week or two to add them in? I was hoping to put them in by end of next week or early week after next if they seem fine.

I love to watch them forage. Their little butts go up in the air and they look like somewhat like cute little vacuums LOL.

Yeah :D

Two or three at a time and space the additions out. I know my otos would vacuum up along my tank. Such cute little sucker mouths!

Poor betta, we'll have to move him out each time :( He hates it! If things had been done differently and we had more space and whatnot, he would have been in a different tank all along. But we cycled it so he could enjoy it for a little while before the catfish, and we didn't want to keep him in his tiny tank any longer than necessary.

AWwww :)

How many days apart do you think? 3-5ish or a week?

Poor betta, we'll have to move him out each time :( He hates it! If things had been done differently and we had more space and whatnot, he would have been in a different tank all along. But we cycled it so he could enjoy it for a little while before the catfish, and we didn't want to keep him in his tiny tank any longer than necessary.

AWwww :)

How many days apart do you think? 3-5ish or a week?

5 to a week. I know. Poor Bubbles :( Ragnar is a grumpy fish because I have to vacuum up some fungus. The stuff is everywhere!!

5 to a week. I know. Poor Bubbles :( Ragnar is a grumpy fish because I have to vacuum up some fungus. The stuff is everywhere!!

Ok. :(

Aww where did the fungus come from :( Poor guy!

I hope the catfish don't breed, I don't want more fish lol.

Ok. :(

Aww where did the fungus come from :( Poor guy!

I hope the catfish don't breed, I don't want more fish lol.

I have no idea. I think it might be my fault for soaking the decor in saltwater without scrubbing. I cleaned everything and now it's just vacuuming the gravel! I don't think they'll breed since you probably don't have the right conditions. Though supposedly you can give fry to the lfs....but I don't know if you want to do that.

Oh gosh! We rinsed ours but didn't soak and no fungus for us luckily. That's so weird!!!!

Vacuuming gravel is fun :p I can't wait to use the little siphon on the sand in the 10g coz it is a little gross. We just have to rinse it in hot hot water. The larger one we have doesn't vacuum very well :( Grrrr.

Oh good. They're cute and the babies would be cute, but, I don't want them lol. Bubbles might like to snack on them though. That sounds awful, but, eh. It's nature I guess. I could try to bring them to the petstore, who knows if they would take them... hopefully it doesn't happen because I don't need a bunch of fish :/

Oh gosh! We rinsed ours but didn't soak and no fungus for us luckily. That's so weird!!!!

Vacuuming gravel is fun :p I can't wait to use the little siphon on the sand in the 10g coz it is a little gross. We just have to rinse it in hot hot water. The larger one we have doesn't vacuum very well :( Grrrr.

Oh good. They're cute and the babies would be cute, but, I don't want them lol. Bubbles might like to snack on them though. That sounds awful, but, eh. It's nature I guess. I could try to bring them to the petstore, who knows if they would take them... hopefully it doesn't happen because I don't need a bunch of fish :/

Yeah. Rinsing is good. I more or less power washed everything and then scrubbed hard! Yeah with big siphons they either work too much or can't get enough suction. I love my mini Python it's easy to clean and works great. Also not too expensive on Amazon ;) plus it doesn't suck any fish!

Bubble's I swear he tries to get sucked up. He always gets near it, and he always inspects us when we do anything in the tank. I was doing the four tests today (ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, ph) before the 3g water change we did, and he got right up there and in the way where I was getting water in the tubes. Cute little brat! Hubby tried to distract him and get him to move. It worked for a few minutes LOL. I love him.... :)

At least the catfish just lay on the sand so far when we've done a water change. We've only done 2 in their tank thus far I think.

Bubble's I swear he tries to get sucked up. He always gets near it, and he always inspects us when we do anything in the tank. I was doing the four tests today (ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, ph) before the 3g water change we did, and he got right up there and in the way where I was getting water in the tubes. Cute little brat! Hubby tried to distract him and get him to move. It worked for a few minutes LOL. I love him.... :)

At least the catfish just lay in the sand so far when we've done a water change. We've only done 2 in their tank thus far I think.

Silly Bubbles! Ragnar just gets grumpy and swims away before swimming up to me with his "hey what gives" face on. He's a cheeky little guy :D My poor otos were always terrified of the vacuum and would warp to the other side huffing and puffing. One of my platys tried to eat it :ROFLMAO:

:p Awwwww. Ohhhh man. Poor otos! Oh man. hahahah. Silly fish. They all have a personality, whether really big or really small or somewhere in between.

I can't wait to see what my little vacuums are doing tonight.

I was feeding Bubble's in his floating log, but, now it won't stay flush to the front of the tank. It needs just the right amount of water. So his food has been floating away from the light current. So now I think I have to turn the filter off when I feed him which is annoying. He lost a freeze dried bloodworm yesterday and it is now on the prefilter in the intake and yeah. Poor little guy. I gave him some extra pellets because I am not sure what he dropped, so he is getting a little less today and tomorrow, then his fast day is Wednesday.

Do you have any idea if catfish can have a fast day once a week? That would be fantastic if they can because that way I don't have to worry about Bubble's eating on his fast day lol.

Back
Top Bottom