web-like stuff on my 'dead' rocks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

b.askew

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Got this web-like stuff that started showing on my dead rocks about 4 days ago. Noticed yesterday that it is spreading quite a bit on these rocks. My tank has a combination of LR & dead rock, LS and aragnite sand, no fishes yet. The tank just started cycling about a week ago...shortly after these webs started appearing. Nothing seems to have come out of the webs yet...and I can't tell that anything is living inside of them. They really look look spider webs...underwater spider webs, its really strange. I have snapped some shots with a camera that has crappy up-close shots, so you probably cannot even see them, but I tried.

Regards,
Brad

Attachments

• swwebs-1.jpg
    swwebs-1.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 166
Yup, all the white stuff...with the picture it is really hard to tell that looks web-like but it does, web-like is about the best description I can give it. So...encrusting sponge...cool!
Thanks

Is/was it fuzzy stuff?
Is it still around, or change into something better?
I have a few spots of soemthing similar and am curious..

Feron said:
Is/was it fuzzy stuff?
It appeared to be fuzzy.
Feron said:
Is it still around, or change into something better?
It is gone now, and I don't know if anything came from it. During a water change they came off very easily when I was cleaning the rocks.
Feron said:
I have a few spots of soemthing similar and am curious..

Back
Top Bottom