Weekend Feeders

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rosenweiss

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi, guys, I was wondering about the quality of weekend feeders.

I looked at the ingredients, and it was like 20% calcium and barely ANY fat or protein. Is this healthy, and do they work?

No, they just foul up your water IMO. Fish can easily go several days without food. I have no issues with leaving mine for 4 or 5 days without feeding. Unless you're feeding fry or super sensitive fish

mfdrookie516 said:
No, they just foul up your water IMO. Fish can easily go several days without food. I have no issues with leaving mine for 4 or 5 days without feeding. Unless you're feeding fry or super sensitive fish

+1 to mfdrookie ! I tried one of those cubes or pyramids in the past, and just created a mess.... Nothing bad happened at the end, but now If we will be out for a weekend, we just feed the fish before we leave (Friday afternoon), and nothing bad happened.

What if you are in a situation where you are not home every weekend? Are they all okay like that on a regular basis?

Yes it's fine. I feed my fish every other day on a weekly basis. Don't worry a weekly purge is probably good for them anyways.

Back
Top Bottom