Weird Growth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Both the bulbs are only a month old. I have been trying to do a pwc at least once a week of about 5 gallons. Over the last couple of days I have done two pwcs, 10 gal each. So In total I have done about 20-25 gal water change over the last week. My tank is looking dramatically better with the water changes and everytime i do a water change i try to get as much of that stuff off of the rocks as I can. It is not coming back at the rate it was last week so that is great. I think I will just continue with your guys' advice on feeding,lighting, and pwc's and hopefully I can kick this stuff. One other question though, if it's in there to begin with is there any way of completely removing it from the tank? Or just keep maintaining the above and it should never come back?

I did forget to mention that when I had the tank cycling for the month and a half before i put the clowns, i was putting some flake food in there about once a week, just a moderate sized pinch until i saw ammonia/nitrate levels. Then I backed off until my readings were 0

Maybe i had a snail or hermit crab die, causing a small ammonia spike???

No, If you had enough LR you shouldn't notice any ammonia spike.

Guys,

Here's a shot of my tank a few hours after I cleaned it again. There was almost no cyano today so the small changes that I made have made a huge dif. I think the big water changes helped me out quite a bit. Thanks to all for the great advice!!

IMG_2423.jpg

Back
Top Bottom