Weird little coral/plant? on sandbed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SGT Henry

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This little thing just appeared in my sandbed..its tan colored..tiny..and looks like a tiny little colt coral or polyp...I dont know what it is because I only had yellow polyps and shrooms in that tank which I moved to another tank like a week ago...Maybe someone knows what it is???

Attachments

• aquarium_pictures3matita_rara1_166.jpg
    aquarium_pictures3matita_rara1_166.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 40
  • aquarium_pictures_matita_rara_2_116.jpg
    aquarium_pictures_matita_rara_2_116.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 48
I have a big feather in that tank..and a little yellow feather duster...but im pretty sure that little thing isnt a feather...because it dosent have a tube, and it only has like 5 seperated little "arms". It appeared like 2 days ago..do feather dusters reproduce on their own???

...a clearer picture might help. It's hard to see what you have there.

I agree that a better pic will help as it looks like it could be aiptisia which is not good for your tank but I can not be sure because of the pic.

It could also be a hydroid polyp. Not necessarily desirable but a clearer pic would be necessary.

Moved this to sw ID forum.

Its definetly not an aiptisia because I searched for aiptisia pics and it dosent look anything like that...what exactly are hydroid polyps??...

This thing looks like a single polyp from a xenia or something like that...but the only corals ive had in there are yellow polyps and shrooms which I moved to another tank.

whatever it is ..it looks leathery

Hydroids are stinging celled animals that can wreck havoc on a reef tank. Do a google search on wetwebmedia.com of the word Myrionema. It should gain you some photos and a bit of info. I could be completely wrong by the way. You may just need to give it some time to grow to find out what it is.

Back
Top Bottom