Weird situation, possibly pregnant platys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Britty199

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I have a weird situation, first let me say I have 2 dalmation mollies (1 female 1 male) 2 platies (2 females, 1 of the females is the others mom, the kid one is about 4 months old) 2 weird tetras (pink with red eyes and a red line going down the length of their bodies, both females) 2 algae eaters, 3 baby Dalmatian mollies from the two other ones. My two platies look like they are pregnant but I'm not sure because the fry (well not so fry anymore) is 4 months old but looks extremely pregnant and the mom of the fry looks pretty pregnant too. But the weird part is that there's no male platys in the tank, I can explain the mom platy because I only got her 5 months ago roughly so it's possible she's still caring the males business but I can't explain the fry can someone confirm if she's pregnant or not and if so how?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

Welcome to the AA forum :)

Would you be able to post pics at all? For me, 4 months sounds very young assuming say a month gestation time as well.

Back
Top Bottom