Weird white substance over my sand?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bjtaylor

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I everyone, turned on my tank lights today after a few days blackout due to heat and found a weird white substance over my sand. I'm thinking possibly snail eggs from my plants but there is just so much of it, any suggestions ?
img_1665274_0_1a8f3e1b9a2adb3665e50b0b1ed458e4.jpg

img_1665274_1_73f117fc57303ed3519a7209ddb732bc.jpg

It's hard to tell from the pic but you could always just siphon it out. Do you vacuum your sand regularly? A lot of waste and debris and uneaten food can build up causing water quality issues and fungus, etc.

I gravel vac once a week, planning to do one tomorrow anyway so I'll vac it all out then

Ok so I really think it is mould as while cleaning I realized it was everywhere, on the glass as well as driftwood and it looked like spores and it had spread within a day, saying that though I also while cleaning found hundreds of baby snails. Is it related or probably just mould, in which case can I do anything else except regular gravel vacs to get rid of it?

Chance that it is driftwood fungus?

I had it in my mopani wood and it eventually went away, but I did reboil and vacuum the life out of the gravel.

Also loving the neons :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom