Weired click click click noise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As long as the glass doesn't have ridges you can use it. They will climb up them. Dont expect to get It on your first try.. These methods aren't perfect unfortunately. Here's a pic of what they look like and requirements or cautions.

Ok cool thanks for.. I'll setup the trap tomorrow and I'll let youse know how thing go.

Is prawn ok for bait? And if so what kind o prawn? The ones we eat or the one for bait for fishing??

Thanks

- Danny

If you did have a species tank with this lil bad boy...could you have more than one? Or would they beat each other senseless?

I've only ever seen them kept alone, so I wouldn't try it if it were me.

For those saying it might break the glass this is not the case. They won't.

If you could put a small live crab in the bottle that would be best, but prawn (AKA shrimp sometimes) could work.

The picture posted earlier only the shows the beautiful and colorful peacock mantis shrimp, most hitch hikers mantis' are dull and solid in color, clubber or spearer

Another option for removal is if you know what rock he is living in and it's fairly accessible, just remove the rock and place it in a bucket with some freshwater. He should shoot right out, but if he doesn't just let the rock sit in the water for a few weeks and it should kill him off.

No they can't be kept together. They will beat each other senseless. But they can be kept in a tank as small as ten gallons. I wouldnt put it in one unless it's a juvenile though..

wouldn't placing your rock in freshwater for an extended period of time kill of the bacteria and make it into a "dry" rock again?

So u think live crab is best? Is any crab fine or should there be a specific one?

- Danny

From what I saw on YouTube...it looks like any crab will work! Check out the videos, it's actually kinda crazy to watch :)

I just did, geez they are awsom,

Thea one of this guy playing with it.,

I don't want to kill it any more :)

- Danny

Hahaha!! I know right?! Do you have the peacock or the duller colored one?

I'm guessing he/she had the duller one. I thought she said it was a creamy white color. If you find it you could call your lfs and see if you can buy it

I'd be darn surprised if he got a peacock hitch hiking, that could make him some money if he decided to sell it.

Nah It was a white / creamy colored with red legs. I spoke to my LFS and they said it's not work anything.

I haunt setup the trap yet but it's weird. Been 2 days and I havn't heard anything from my tank.

If you do find it, you could put him in a specimen container an take a few pics. I love how they look and it may not even be a mantis. Better yet give it it's own tank ;)

I don't know where you are from but there are several local people to me looking for any type of mantis shrimp. If there is a reef club or even a local forum you might find someone wanting it.

joy13 said:
I don't know where you are from but there are several local people to me looking for any type of mantis shrimp. If there is a reef club or even a local forum you might find someone wanting it.

I'm from Australia, Sydney - let me try and catch it first then once I do I'll find someone to take it... If in fact it is a mantis as I said I havnt heard any noise from tank over the past 3 days so not sure what's happening.

- Danny

Back
Top Bottom