Well I've started the Great Tank Move

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

earhtmother

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I would be the first to admit I am an A1 procrastinator esp when I know its a big job that has multiple things that can go wrong but .......

Got the Ameca moved from the 40g to the 55g today, hopefully the male BN was inside one of the larger decor pieces since I saw him out eating the other night but there was no sign of him in the 40g once everything was moved over to the 55g [emoji37]stupid fish

I put new substrate in the 40g and left the filters running with floss in them so they hopefully clear up the murky water so I can start **The Great Shrimp Migration** soon

Next is moving the *mostly* endler fry grow out tank from a 20 Long to a reg 20g and up a level on the stand which will make it MUCH easier to clean and do WCs on. But to do this I have to move the 2 x 10g that are currently occupying that space which means putting the Endler occupants (1 is for pregos and 1 is a quarantine)into buckets while I get the fry moved then move the adult Endlers on the top level of the original stand to a bucket so I can set up a 30g on that level for the adults and *for now* put the pregos in the 20 Long where the fry were.

Wish me luck

Wishing you luck!

And a good memory for everything which needs turned off and back on (like air bubblers, heaters and filters) and not forgetting a container of fish anywhere!

I moved out all the Endlers from their 20G long today... babies and mommas too. There is a gallon of babies sitting while I contemplate the put them in the 80G with their family or save some of the fry in the grow out in case of a problem somewhere. I posted it in the Talking Endlers thread, tell me what you think if you're taking a break.

Sorry Autumn I was at work. The tank move got stalled pretty much sfter the Ameca got moved & the 40g for the shrimp was set up as I discovered none of the 6 or so *spare* lids I had lying around fit the 30g for the Endlers so I had to quit til tomorrow/Sun night while I came up with a soloution. Found 2 pcs of glass I can Gorilla tape to the top of the 30g to make one of the canopies fir so that issue is solved but now I need to find a block of 4-5 hours to do things in since I don't want to be setting things up then running out the door to work for 8 hours in case something else goes sideways[emoji37] We'll see how ambitious I feel when I get home from work tomorrow/Sun since I'm off at 7 but it's going to be 1AM before I get to bed now and have to be back at noon so...

Oh definitely don't want to get started without a block of time. There are too many things which can and do go wrong! Smart thinking. Took my fry and put them with their family. No worries!

One good thing was I saw MR Bristle Nose out at feeding time today so he must have been *inside* the fake root ornament *stupid fish*

Great news, I once had a catfish out of the tank for over an hour - because he was in an ornament, and of course I didn't know that. :/

Hope you get some rest!

Back
Top Bottom