Welp, just ordered my XP3...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

christerrell2k3

Aquarium Advice Regular
Finally i have gone to the canister filter side... after a month of researching, reviews, income amounts, and just pure desperation for a cleaner tank i finally caved in and got my new xp3 for $100.... :eek:

Is there anything i need to do or know to prepare for this? any sacriliges activities or any words of wisdom before operating?? :twisted: .. should be here in a couple of days! 8O

There is nothing much to prepare for, just follow the directions and hook up the canister. You will want to leave your current filter in place for a while until the canister builds up good bacteria on the media.

From what I hear the xp3 is a good choice. I'm waiting for mine to arrive also. The canister filters are really nice, they do a good job in keeping the tank crystal cear. I have two Fluvals now and quite happy with their performance. Can't wait to use the Filistar I've heard its even better and self priming!

Once you get the hang of it, you will love your filstar! The directions stink, so if you have problems like I did setting it up, call their technical support. They are great! I have an XP2 and an XP3 on my 100 gal. cichlid tank. They are so quiet I have to touch mine to make sure they're running. You will love the baskets for easy clean up, how easy it is to restart it, and I also read that it has an auto shut off if the motor starts to overheat. Another thing you will like which I assume applies to all canister filters is that when the power goes off, when it comes back on, your filter is right on track. I hate coming home to my tanks with HOB filter which are all whining because the power went off & on! I think you will be very pleased!

One of the features I like the best on XP's ....is the "spray bar" attachment!!
Really helps with water circulation alot!!!

Bernie

I like the ajustable flow rate because I can cut it back when I am feeding, and crank it back up when they are done.

well i ordered the xp3 yesterday, and got a call this morning asking if i was going to be home to recieve it.... SAWWEEEET! Guess its good that I live in the same area as them, but i just dont have time to stop by there to get it.... damn work! but its getting me the canister!

Back
Top Bottom