Went on vacation and.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jennypenny

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
came home to really cloudy water with lots of floaties (particles that is, not fish!).

Pretty much says it all. I went on vacation for a week and had some friends feed the fishies. They came every other day to feed, I left the lights off on the tank since my timer busted. I came home and there are a ton of little floaties making my water cloudy. The filter is really gunky, looks like a ton if algae wafers have dissloved in it. Maybe my friends over did it on the wafers? Should I just rinse all the filter parts in tank water and do a watter change?

water test from last night is: Ammo 0
Ites 0
Ates 5
PH 7.2ish
Thanks,
Jenn

Sounds like your friend overfed.

I would do a good gravel vac, clean out the filter (in tank water) & do a good sized water change.

next time you go out of town put each days food in baggies then hide the rest of the food. most often its best that they dont get feed then someone who doesnt know about fish at least if its under a week.

get thta gravel vac out and do a couple 50-80% water changes.

Yep, water change and filter rinse solved it all!

I purposefully asked a neighbor who has fish to come over every other day to feed them! Instead, of my my usual cat sitter, who would totally give in to the begging tiger barb show.:rolleyes:

Oh well, no harm no foul.

Thanks all. This time at least.

Jenny

Back
Top Bottom